Profile

Scientist by day, hobby manga artist by night, Mave reserves this site for rants and ramblings about Anime/Manga, Christian Music and Faith, Crime Investigation, Cooking Disasters, Food Science, JRockers, travelling experiences, random everyday life stuff and humor. XD

Words of Wisdom


Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
1 Corinthians 15:58


Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Phillippians 4:6-7


My Websites

TheProject
DeviantArt: MaveT


Bishonen/Biseinen<3

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Blog Links

* JMouse * Midori-Rish * LittleBIGgirl * Raion-sama * Cyclist * D&JinJapan * Cyber-Red * The Pest * twentyfivecents * Wing Wing * Chette * KrescentMoon * Grim-Neader * Psycho Ann * Solid Ronin * UC pseudonym * Valerie * PathMakers * Fahrenheit * Jars of Clay * A FoodBlog


Fanlistings

registered at kcome.blogspot.com

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Credits

HTML Coding by MyrrhLynn
General Art Design by Me Me Me! XD
LeeHom belongs to eh.. himself. :(

Sunday, May 25, 2008


Oh jetlag, what shall I do with thee?

I just read that jetlag is more deeply experienced when travelling eastwards, rather than westward. My dear French colleague also told me that jetlag is typically worse when the time difference is 6 hours (EUR) rather than 12 hours (USA).

Urgh. I would like to affirm both points. My recent trip to the Netherlands was interesting and fulfilling but man, it's almost 4 a.m. and I can't sleep no matter what I do.

Count sheep. Read boring books.** Exercise. Clear my mind. Roll around in bed. Play with my hamsters.

My mind is just hyper-active with all sorts of thoughts :
  • Mentally preparing myself for the huge task of analyzing Chicken Sensory-Consumer data this week. You may laugh, it does sound amusing. "Hey folks, I have this Chicken project!"
  • Sorting out thoughts and feelings about some folks in church (sigh sigh sigh)
  • Trying to understand an atheist's point of view on God (or lack of, really). Currently reading two books Christopher Hitchen's "god is not great" and Richard Dawkin's "The God Delusion." I get the impression that these ppl have been traumatized by lousy experiences with Christians/Catholics. I'm quite mortified, really. But I do find their reasonings pretty interesting, making me wonder what would I be if I gave up on believing on God.
  • Thinking of how to get random errands done - fixing my bike, reapplying for a new ATM card, updating my Popular bookstore membership, paying off debts (LOL)
  • Chuckling at the funny Facebook anthem on YouTube shared by the Pest - it's so true. Enough applications, already! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZzP_69ZTFk
  • Wondering what I'm going to eat tomorrow for breakfast. My stomach is rumbling at 4 a.m. Great.
  • Lamenting about how delayed all my art projects and my preparation for the Japan mission trip are (sigh sigh sigh)
But, in light of the tragic earthquake that happened in the SzeChuan province, cyclone disaster in Myanmar and the accidental death of Steven Curtis Chapman's daughter, I'd rather have a thankful and appreciative attitude towards life itself. In the life of death and disaster, many things in life seem quite trivial and petty.

The fact that I'm blogging once again suggests that I may be successfully regaining some level of focus and sense of organization in my schedule. Yay.

** Agatha Christie While the Light Lasts isn't really boring. It's just that I have such a short-reading-attention-span. I can't believe I read two short stories word for word.



*********** ~('_'~) ~('__')~ (~'_')~ ***********


4 Comments:

At 4:23 AM, Blogger back to free said...

Nice to see you blogging again. I guess you and The Pest went through the same blog re-awakening.

In academic terms I would define my beliefs as Undecided. I've recently heard and believe that it is wise of us to examine and try to understand other ways of thought. If our beliefs are true then looking at other perspectives will not diminish our own beliefs, but will make us better and more open people.

 
At 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, I've read that book from Dawkins. Interesting stuff (he and I are similar in a lot of ways). But I can't bring myself to read Hitchens - he just seems angry and spiteful, whereas Dawkins is at least a world-class scientist who has some credibility on the scientific side of such debates.

I actually hadn't seen that video. Of course, I check Facebook once a week, so...

 
At 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous = uc

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger mav said...

Dave: Yup, I do think ppl need to make decisions for themselves but first, they need to be open to other perspectives, thus my desire to read about other faiths.

UC: I have to agree on Hitchens so I take his stuff with more grain of salt. Dawkins, on the other hand, is a bit more depressing because I can't help agreeing with him on some points. But it's an interesting read, nonetheless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger