Profile

Scientist by day, hobby manga artist by night, Mave reserves this site for rants and ramblings about Anime/Manga, Christian Music and Faith, Crime Investigation, Cooking Disasters, Food Science, JRockers, travelling experiences, random everyday life stuff and humor. XD

Words of Wisdom


Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
1 Corinthians 15:58


Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Phillippians 4:6-7


My Websites

TheProject
DeviantArt: MaveT


Bishonen/Biseinen<3

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Blog Links

* JMouse * Midori-Rish * LittleBIGgirl * Raion-sama * Cyclist * D&JinJapan * Cyber-Red * The Pest * twentyfivecents * Wing Wing * Chette * KrescentMoon * Grim-Neader * Psycho Ann * Solid Ronin * UC pseudonym * Valerie * PathMakers * Fahrenheit * Jars of Clay * A FoodBlog


Fanlistings

registered at kcome.blogspot.com

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Credits

HTML Coding by MyrrhLynn
General Art Design by Me Me Me! XD
LeeHom belongs to eh.. himself. :(

Tuesday, August 28, 2007


You know you like LeeHom too much when....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Just kidding: Seriously, this has nothing to do with blind fanaticism or mad fangirling. I just happen to have a dear and thoughtful friend who works for a tabloid magazine, who also remembered that I admire LeeHom enough to appreciate posters of him. Hehehe....thanks cyber-red! *hugs* I was quite surprised: I didn't expect the poster to be that big and of that type of quality.

I had no qualms dragging this back from Malaysia to Singapore. My landlady commented that I just need another poster like that to cover the other side of the window and I'll have some of the most coveted window shades ever (at least among young ladies in Asia). Ideally, the other poster should be a nice big image of WuChun.

Okaayyy....moving on:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Only recently, have I started to join my church's young adults group. I'm not quite sure why I hesitate to socialize with ppl of my age. Perhaps, it has something to do with that icky guy whom I met in a previous church (I won't elaborate; let's just say I'm glad to have left that church).

What I do like about my current church is the more I hang around and get involved, the more I think I can call it home. The pastors are surprisingly down-to-earth, approachable and they genuinely care. I mean, they actually ACTED upon a personal issue straight away, which I brought to them when I could no longer deal with it myself. That meant a lot to me. I feel as if I can talk to these leaders as if they're friends and for once, I have a group of Christian male leaders whom I genuinely look up to. They are not perfect, mind you but at least, they don't pretend to be perfect. Not only that, they are open to using the media/entertainment for evangelical purposes and they have mission trips to Japan. <-- This may not sound really attractive to others but for me, this rocks!

I can also be active in the church without having to worry about some icky dude checking me out with insincere intentions. (-__-);; There's this inherent desire to fulfill that good old almost-boring formula, you know - get a job, get married, get kids, get grandkids, die. Don't get me wrong: Nothing wrong with that (nuts, I want to get married and have kids one day). But at the moment, I have this stronger desire to get closer to God and discover the dreams or passions He has placed in my heart......



*********** ~('_'~) ~('__')~ (~'_')~ ***********


2 Comments:

At 3:35 AM, Blogger Reta said...

i find it strange you call me by my nick in your post hehe

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger mav said...

LOL well, if you don't mind me using your real name, I certainly will from now on. XD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger