Profile

Scientist by day, hobby manga artist by night, Mave reserves this site for rants and ramblings about Anime/Manga, Christian Music and Faith, Crime Investigation, Cooking Disasters, Food Science, JRockers, travelling experiences, random everyday life stuff and humor. XD

Words of Wisdom


Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
1 Corinthians 15:58


Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Phillippians 4:6-7


My Websites

TheProject
DeviantArt: MaveT


Bishonen/Biseinen<3

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Blog Links

* JMouse * Midori-Rish * LittleBIGgirl * Raion-sama * Cyclist * D&JinJapan * Cyber-Red * The Pest * twentyfivecents * Wing Wing * Chette * KrescentMoon * Grim-Neader * Psycho Ann * Solid Ronin * UC pseudonym * Valerie * PathMakers * Fahrenheit * Jars of Clay * A FoodBlog


Fanlistings

registered at kcome.blogspot.com

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Credits

HTML Coding by MyrrhLynn
General Art Design by Me Me Me! XD
LeeHom belongs to eh.. himself. :(

Sunday, April 08, 2007


The most important day in Christian faith doesn't seem so important

Pushing that Easter rabbit aside, this should be the biggest day for anyone who believes that Christ has resurrected from the dead that was sealed on Good Friday. Then, why is it.....so quiet?

I admit to festering a lukewarm attitude towards this celebration as well. This weekend, I was busy travelling and couldn't really focus any attention on the significance of these days. Nuts, I couldn't even make it to Easter Service. Now, here I am sitting on a Sunday Easter evening.....wondering where all the time went and what else is left to do.

I have an easier time relating to Good Friday - I hammered the hands and legs of Jesus to the cross through my sins. Instead of being punished and having my blood spilled, Barnabas the murderer was freed, while Jesus Christ, Son of God, Innocent Lamb of God, was sentenced to death, not because of what He did but for Who He said He was. Looking back at what I've done and whom I have become, it's so easy to associate myself with Barnabas.

Sure, I may not have murdered someone else like Barnabas but I firmly believe that I cannot save myself. I'm not sure what other religions teach but I'm terribly convinced that the best things I do on this planet cannot even come close to being on par with God's worst actions on a goodness scale. Maybe some believe that there isn't an absolute Good in this universe, but there's this gut feeling in me that screams that there has to be something better than what we now have on this planet and our existence is not some random accident.

As Switchfoot sings in "Dare You to Move,"

Welcome to the fallout
Welcome to resistance
The tension is here
The tension is here
Between who you are and who you could be
Between how it is and how it should be

There is something wrong with this planet and us. I look at myself and can't deny that. If the only way to earn Love and to be accepted into Heaven is to be beautiful, successful, rich, intelligent and talented, seems like all of us are seriously screwed.

No matter how much beauty products or tips we use, how much more beautiful can we all be?

No matter how much money we acquire, how much more rich can we be?

No matter how much we work and study, how much more intelligent can be?

So exactly, how can we kid ourselves by believing that we can earn our way to Heaven/Paradise/SomePlacePerfect?

Jesus Christ's resurrection is the ultimate milestone for the salvation of mankind. He conquers sin and death, offering mankind a way out of their own Mess.

Now, I have a hard time understanding why God would do such a thing. This form of grace and mercy that's totally undeserved is unbelievable and barely existant on this planet. As I write this blog, I know that I will be fated to commit sins for the rest of my life. I don't deserve this redemption. So why God, why bother to save us? I know it's Love but.......it makes little sense. The logical thing to do would be to kill off the human race and start the Creation process again. But in the end, Your desire for free will would still take effect, making a repeat of the Creation process.....pointless.

Is there hope for any of us?

I suppose there lies the answer in the way we each personally view Easter Sunday. Maybe.



*********** ~('_'~) ~('__')~ (~'_')~ ***********


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger