Profile

Scientist by day, hobby manga artist by night, Mave reserves this site for rants and ramblings about Anime/Manga, Christian Music and Faith, Crime Investigation, Cooking Disasters, Food Science, JRockers, travelling experiences, random everyday life stuff and humor. XD

Words of Wisdom


Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
1 Corinthians 15:58


Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Phillippians 4:6-7


My Websites

TheProject
DeviantArt: MaveT


Bishonen/Biseinen<3

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Blog Links

* JMouse * Midori-Rish * LittleBIGgirl * Raion-sama * Cyclist * D&JinJapan * Cyber-Red * The Pest * twentyfivecents * Wing Wing * Chette * KrescentMoon * Grim-Neader * Psycho Ann * Solid Ronin * UC pseudonym * Valerie * PathMakers * Fahrenheit * Jars of Clay * A FoodBlog


Fanlistings

registered at kcome.blogspot.com

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Credits

HTML Coding by MyrrhLynn
General Art Design by Me Me Me! XD
LeeHom belongs to eh.. himself. :(

Sunday, May 07, 2006


Graduation weekend.....

Not for me that is. (^_^) I made two trips this weekend back to campus to see a variety of friends graduate. Some observations:

1) I only recognize a few faces among the whole Indonesian community.

2) I was the only Malaysian at Anand's graduation. Shame on all you other Malaysians!

3) The most senior batch of Indonesians (aka university alumni & currently working) have gotten bitten by the marriage bug and will whisk off to Commitmentland this summer.

4) No sight of any -aunties- who come around asking "So, when are you getting married?"

While I'm pretty happy with the 4th observation, the first two seems to hint that it's time to move on. Hehehehe.

As for the 3rd observation: "No comment."

*****************************

This weekend, I'm also keeping myself busy studying for the 2nd phone interview for a sensory scientist position in Asia next week and I'm a little confused with how I feel going into it.


Colleagues/Manager: You need to make sure your knowledge in sensory science is strong and describe your work experience clearly. For those skills you don't really have, emphasize that you understand what you're lacking and what you plan to improve in. Study this and this and this....

Friends: It's OK, you'll be fine. With all the education and work experience you have at this level, they will sure hire you! Back in Asia, it's really hard to find ppl like you. Don't worry! XD

Underqualified or overqualified? (0_0);; I'm getting mixed messages here.

++++++++++++++++++++++

Job Responsibilities

1) Provides guidance on product development in a variety of food categories and leads complex sensory projects.


2) Collaborates with cross-functional teams including flavor creation, application, marketing, consumer marketing research, analytical and other research groups; guides project teams with sensory research.


3) Develops innovative approaches for descriptive analysis; implements training program and maintenance of new descriptive panel; involves global sensory team for standardization of new research approaches.


4)Determines appropriate consumer test methods; plans and coordinates projects in cooperation with other sensory scientists, consumer marketing researchers and external agencies.


5)Develops new sensory methods and state-of-the-art technologies to expand the sensory capabilities and ability to answer complex problems


++++++++++++++++++++++


It was intimidating at initial viewing but when I think really hard about it, I've been doing just that in the last 11 months of my life. So what the heck, take a gulp, take a deep breath and give it the best. God with us.

****************************

I'm pretty excited about meeting UC and Ann at this FAnime 2006 more than actually going to the convention. I mean:

FAnime = Crazy ppl who dress up as hentai girls, yaoi paddles and Man-Fayes
UC & Ann = XD

No pressure guys. Let's impress each other with bad habits or weird antics. I guess I'm just happy to meet ppl who understand this part of me that I've been keeping to myself for 1/4 of a decade. :) Even my hero in statistics, TonyG told me it'll be great for me to get a fresh outlook with a California trip. He knows my drawing dreams and aspirations (apart from mastering statistics, that is) and encouraged me to pursue it.

Btw, TonyG writes reviews on classical music. He rocks my socks. http://www.classical-music-review.org/


****************************

Lastly, I've observed certain things that are difficult to explain unless it is experienced personally. One morning, I finally said to God, "God, pls help me with this job interview and writing my webmanga." I was truly tired and giving up with my expended strength.

Later in the day, I recall finding my mind being filled with ideas for my job interview; almost like a rivergate opened! Wow. I had to write it all down before those thoughts went away. Upon coming home, I had a lot of thoughts on the direction of my webmanga. I was so happy and thanked God for a kind and swift response. Absurb or pure coincidence, I don't really care. I just believe.



*********** ~('_'~) ~('__')~ (~'_')~ ***********


1 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Blogger uncreative pseudonym said...

I'm looking forward to meeting you more than the actual convention as well. Actually, I doubt I would ever go to a convention if it weren't for the people there.

Fifteen days and counting...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger