Profile

Scientist by day, hobby manga artist by night, Mave reserves this site for rants and ramblings about Anime/Manga, Christian Music and Faith, Crime Investigation, Cooking Disasters, Food Science, JRockers, travelling experiences, random everyday life stuff and humor. XD

Words of Wisdom


Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
1 Corinthians 15:58


Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Phillippians 4:6-7


My Websites

TheProject
DeviantArt: MaveT


Bishonen/Biseinen<3

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Blog Links

* JMouse * Midori-Rish * LittleBIGgirl * Raion-sama * Cyclist * D&JinJapan * Cyber-Red * The Pest * twentyfivecents * Wing Wing * Chette * KrescentMoon * Grim-Neader * Psycho Ann * Solid Ronin * UC pseudonym * Valerie * PathMakers * Fahrenheit * Jars of Clay * A FoodBlog


Fanlistings

registered at kcome.blogspot.com

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Credits

HTML Coding by MyrrhLynn
General Art Design by Me Me Me! XD
LeeHom belongs to eh.. himself. :(

Tuesday, January 31, 2006


"*Tong tong chang chang*!! [some crappy CNY tunes I can't stand] ~ cyberred

LOL You crack me up. Thanks for ya lurvely birthday and CNY card. Thanks to Miss Jess too for her CNY card! XD

Happy Chinese New Year, folks! While on the other side of the world, family members and friends are lazing around in their couches, eating, watching TV, eating, visiting friends, eating, collecting ang pows/money and eating, yours truly is hard at work and leading a life as if the Chinese New Year is just a myth. Apparently, the United States does not acknowledge Chinese New Year as a reasonable excuse for a vacation.

Buggah. So, don't let me hear you ungrateful Malaysians complain about a lack of national holidays, or I'll whoop all ya sorry suntanned [insert unladylike word]. *grin* Gotta love the ebonics touch.

To comfort myself, I did what any self-respecting international student/temporary resident in a foreign country would do in such a pitiful situation: EAT. Hey, if I have to miss out in my cultural celebration, it ain't gonna be food. With that said, here's the elected Chinese New Year dish of the year, which I bought from Chinatown, Chicago and enjoyed in the comforts of my home: Behold the delicious and mouth-waterin' Bak Chang!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Now, it's been years since I've indulged in such a simple masterpiece. Glutinuous rice, yellow lentils, pork meat, Chinese sausage, mushrooms and salted duck egg, wrapped up in leaves (pandan?) and steamed, allowing all the savory and sweet flavors in intermingle and be infused within. To top it up, ketchup and chilli sambal on the side for dipping. Ahhhh, the eating experience was glorious, indeed! For those of you who don't agree with me -just- because you have never tried eating this, keep ya thoughts to yahself. ;)

Now, if you would excuse me, I need to work off those calories in the gym. Gong Xi Fa Cai, everyone! May this new year bring you much joy and prosperity! Double that with God's blessing, amen!

Image hosting by Photobucket

~Groovy Chick signing off~




*********** ~('_'~) ~('__')~ (~'_')~ ***********


4 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Blogger The Pest said...

Well, I would only pay a credit to Chinese New Year for its idea of reunion-for friends and families to get together again and catch up with each other. Other than that, I am not really a huge fan of the "meat fiesta", nor am I fond of letting my time passes me by, going from one house to another, eating pretty much junk baking food, waiting to leave (this is just killing me for waiting to go and watching tv just for the sake of killing time at someone's house). I am sorry but most of the things tend to be so superficial now. The only thing that I truly value is the time that I spent with my family and close friends :)

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger mav said...

Aiyo Pest, I agree with you with the friends and family point tapi mesti makan sikit also la. *feeds Pest with onions and steaks* Wahahaha! Ok la, when I come home, you better pergi makan with me (homemade steamboat is the best, remember what we did w/ Uncle Saw Meng?) After that, pergi main mahjong sampai larut malam! Terror le?

Now that's what I call a celebration! >:D

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Reta said...

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee u got me cards! yay!!

muacks happy tong tong chang lollllll

i know how to make bak chang tho' i made before muahaha.. but damn cacat-looking lol

 
At 2:46 AM, Blogger Steph said...

Happy Chinese new Year dear girl.

Cheerios.
Ps: thanks for always dropping in on my blog.

I have read chapter one of your onlin ne manga, but need to reread coz i was a little distracted by other stuff that day, nevertheless, i am really impressed! you are freaking good. like seriously.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger