Profile

Scientist by day, hobby manga artist by night, Mave reserves this site for rants and ramblings about Anime/Manga, Christian Music and Faith, Crime Investigation, Cooking Disasters, Food Science, JRockers, travelling experiences, random everyday life stuff and humor. XD

Words of Wisdom


Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
1 Corinthians 15:58


Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Phillippians 4:6-7


My Websites

TheProject
DeviantArt: MaveT


Bishonen/Biseinen<3

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Blog Links

* JMouse * Midori-Rish * LittleBIGgirl * Raion-sama * Cyclist * D&JinJapan * Cyber-Red * The Pest * twentyfivecents * Wing Wing * Chette * KrescentMoon * Grim-Neader * Psycho Ann * Solid Ronin * UC pseudonym * Valerie * PathMakers * Fahrenheit * Jars of Clay * A FoodBlog


Fanlistings

registered at kcome.blogspot.com

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Credits

HTML Coding by MyrrhLynn
General Art Design by Me Me Me! XD
LeeHom belongs to eh.. himself. :(

Thursday, December 29, 2005


To pluck or not to pluck....

This week, I was introduced to a fashion concept, which I consider pretty foreign to me. The art of plucking/shaping yer eyebrows. My initial response was "Oro?*"

It all started out with a casual conversation with my fellow intern colleague at work about going to the hair salon to style her hair. My interest was perked when she added that her eyebrows needed some styling as well.

M: (0.o);;;; Your eyebrows?

L: Um hmm. *nods*

M: Eh...why?

L: Hm? Well, it helps to enhance the attractiveness of your eyes by highlighting the right arches.

M: Does it hurt?

L: Yeah, of course.

M: (0_o);; Oh ok. Hmmm....you pluck everyday?

L: *laughs* No, only when it starts to grow back.

M: But if you pluck out the roots, doesn't it stop growing back or something?

L: Yeah, that could happen. But, I suppose you just have to made sure you don't overpluck.

M: Do you think that [insert another colleague's name] plucked her eyebrows too much then. She....doesn't seem to have much up there, if you know what I mean?

L: (^_^);; Eh, maybe. I don't know, I've never noticed.

M: I guess I only start noticing something when someone no longer has eyebrows anymore.

L & M: ................

L: Oh yeah, I also dye my eyebrows every now and then.

M: *falls over*


There you have it, ladies and gentlemen. The sacrifice some women regularly offer to the Fashion Altar of Doom.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Audrey Hepburn, you look awesome but no thanks, I think I'll keep my eyebrows to myself, every single hair strand of it. XD

Hooray for unmolested natural eyebrows! \m/

*an uncommon verbal expression to reflect confusion or 'blur'ness (as we Malaysians call it) made famous by almost everyone's favourite manga swordsman, Himura Kenshin



*********** ~('_'~) ~('__')~ (~'_')~ ***********


6 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mave, I pluck my eye-brows when needs must. (Just not like a girl)

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger Reta said...

i pluck whatever that can be reached within sight..

hahahha.. oh and ahem.. [the other guy] told me i need to wax my upper lips.. hmm.... =P

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger mav said...

Eric: When do you need to do it? (^_^); I know most guys shave.

CyberRed: What? With due respect, I say [the other guy] can go take a hike and shave his own legs. LOL

 
At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pluck and dye my eyebrows every so often. It usually coincides with coloring my hair. (^__^)

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger mav said...

(0_0)!! Blimey, am I the only one who does not do any plucking?

 
At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only pulck my eyebrows When my uni-brow starts coming in and some right above my eyes. (I've got some Rock Lee eye-brows)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger