Profile

Scientist by day, hobby manga artist by night, Mave reserves this site for rants and ramblings about Anime/Manga, Christian Music and Faith, Crime Investigation, Cooking Disasters, Food Science, JRockers, travelling experiences, random everyday life stuff and humor. XD

Words of Wisdom


Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
1 Corinthians 15:58


Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Phillippians 4:6-7


My Websites

TheProject
DeviantArt: MaveT


Bishonen/Biseinen<3

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Blog Links

* JMouse * Midori-Rish * LittleBIGgirl * Raion-sama * Cyclist * D&JinJapan * Cyber-Red * The Pest * twentyfivecents * Wing Wing * Chette * KrescentMoon * Grim-Neader * Psycho Ann * Solid Ronin * UC pseudonym * Valerie * PathMakers * Fahrenheit * Jars of Clay * A FoodBlog


Fanlistings

registered at kcome.blogspot.com

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Credits

HTML Coding by MyrrhLynn
General Art Design by Me Me Me! XD
LeeHom belongs to eh.. himself. :(

Tuesday, November 29, 2005


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Talk about polar opposites in the looks department. LOL

Writer Ohba Tsugumi / Mangaka Obata Takeshi team up to create the popular manga series, Death Note. If I understand the concept properly, the plot revolves around a high honor student, Raito who stumbles upon a 'death notebook,' which decides the unlucky person's death once his/her name is written down into it within 40 seconds. Blimey, that sure sucks for the one at the receiving end. But it also does sound like the premise for an excellent thriller.

The less-than-handsome dude is the shinigami ("god of death") who apparently 'misplaced' his tool of death and started this whole ride in the first place. I suppose I would hate to have him greet me at my time of death but then again, from what I've read, he ain't such a bad fella as long as you keep feeding him apples ........

It's a mad house, I tell ya.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

But at least, L and Raito are pretty cute by bishie standards. I must say, 'L' is the cutest detective I've ever seen with, either an unhealthy appetite for eyeliners or has the darkest eyebags in manga history. They're darker in the manga pages.

Admittedly, I haven't read the manga yet. It looks like there may be a substantial amount of spiritual/philosophical undertones (I could be wrong though). But by golly, does the art rock or what? Obata-sama gets my vote for being one of the best mangakas out there and I aspire to reach his level eventually. I'll draw like him one day.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com]

Minus the not-so-pretty shinigamis. Heh.



.



*********** ~('_'~) ~('__')~ (~'_')~ ***********


2 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Blogger mav said...

Quoted by WingWing XD

My adorable [Mave]!!

I love comics too!! Those pictures you posted are really good! I still miss the cartoons you drew. They are really cute.

Also, [Mave], although I can't understand how you feel, I hope you feel better now. And I will keep you in my prayer. Take good care!

 
At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mave! I love the pics you placed here. I agree that he/she's an awesome mangaka. I think you are an awesome mangaka also. (^_~)/

You take care of yourself and be blessed.

Val *hug*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger