Profile

Scientist by day, hobby manga artist by night, Mave reserves this site for rants and ramblings about Anime/Manga, Christian Music and Faith, Crime Investigation, Cooking Disasters, Food Science, JRockers, travelling experiences, random everyday life stuff and humor. XD

Words of Wisdom


Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
1 Corinthians 15:58


Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Phillippians 4:6-7


My Websites

TheProject
DeviantArt: MaveT


Bishonen/Biseinen<3

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Blog Links

* JMouse * Midori-Rish * LittleBIGgirl * Raion-sama * Cyclist * D&JinJapan * Cyber-Red * The Pest * twentyfivecents * Wing Wing * Chette * KrescentMoon * Grim-Neader * Psycho Ann * Solid Ronin * UC pseudonym * Valerie * PathMakers * Fahrenheit * Jars of Clay * A FoodBlog


Fanlistings

registered at kcome.blogspot.com

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Credits

HTML Coding by MyrrhLynn
General Art Design by Me Me Me! XD
LeeHom belongs to eh.. himself. :(

Saturday, October 22, 2005


Yesterday, after so many years of ignorance and negligence, I decided to check out what's hot in the music & entertainment area aka top U.S. 40 hits charts.

I'm not too impressed.

Talk about hip-hop/rap/gangta punk overload. What's with all the "Parental advisory : Explicit lyrics?" Eh.....don't get me wrong, I have no problem if some amount of cussing is used to express anger, disappointment and pain but dude, don't overdo it. It gets old quickly.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Bah.

You know, that 'My Humps' by Black Eyed Peas disoriented me a little. I think it's obvious that it has sexual innuendos but I raised my eyebrows with "My lovely lady lumps." My colleagues were laughing thinking that I'm just shy with the subtle sexual meaning but there was silence when I said that the only lady lump I can relate to are breast cancer tumors.

.......

Eh...ok in a more positive light, there are some pretty entertaining songs such as Clint Eastwood (Gorillaz), Leave (Jojo), Stacy's Mom (FOW) and even by the hated-by-all-whiny-and-jealous-men-of-the-world Jesse McCartney <--- (Come on guys, get over it already). He's kinda cute and I don't mind listening to sweet empty promises of love most teen girls would love to hear from their crushes every now and then. *laughs* Jesse reminds me a bit of Hisoka (Yami no Matsuei).

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

To date, Linkin Park gets a thumbs-up for being my type of angst and Kelly Clarkson for going beyond my expectations (you go gal!).

You know.....some of the songs I've mentioned are kinda 'old news' but don't you think that it helps to get my point through? I don't think I've missed much by ignoring what's hot in music today.



*********** ~('_'~) ~('__')~ (~'_')~ ***********


6 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Mr. SmartyPants here!

I too, love making stupid jokes (or acting stupid). Saying "cancer tumors" Is something I would of said too XD

 
At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you were taking a break from the internet for two weeks. ^__^

If you want to IM, I'll be on and off this weekend. I mailed the package today. (~_^)/

Love ya, *hugs* ^____^

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger mav said...

The most important goal was to stop all mangakaing/drawing work <-- this has been going very well.

But cutting down on the Internet is harder to do but I'll keep trying. The least I could do was limiting my activities to certain topics. (._. )

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Reta said...

vooomannnnnnnnnnnn

I received the apron from your friend.
so cute ler.. was shocked when i saw it ahahha..

thanks babe hugzzz

will be a mean cook now.

 
At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you liked "Clint Eastwood" you should listen to "Tommorow comes Today" and "Feel Good Inc."

Also, I GOT THE ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION C.D.!!!! I'll let you upload Kaigin Dori from me next time your online.

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger mav said...

MSP: Heh...you're gonna get killed for saying stuff like that one day

Cyberred: Hehehe that was actually Jas's idea. She got that from New Orleans for you on behalf of both of us.

Eric: I'm going to check out your recommendations. And AKFG? Woot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger