Profile

Scientist by day, hobby manga artist by night, Mave reserves this site for rants and ramblings about Anime/Manga, Christian Music and Faith, Crime Investigation, Cooking Disasters, Food Science, JRockers, travelling experiences, random everyday life stuff and humor. XD

Words of Wisdom


Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
1 Corinthians 15:58


Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Phillippians 4:6-7


My Websites

TheProject
DeviantArt: MaveT


Bishonen/Biseinen<3

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Blog Links

* JMouse * Midori-Rish * LittleBIGgirl * Raion-sama * Cyclist * D&JinJapan * Cyber-Red * The Pest * twentyfivecents * Wing Wing * Chette * KrescentMoon * Grim-Neader * Psycho Ann * Solid Ronin * UC pseudonym * Valerie * PathMakers * Fahrenheit * Jars of Clay * A FoodBlog


Fanlistings

registered at kcome.blogspot.com

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Credits

HTML Coding by MyrrhLynn
General Art Design by Me Me Me! XD
LeeHom belongs to eh.. himself. :(

Tuesday, June 14, 2005


Blimey, I'm a working adult now and I'm not sure how much I like it.

It's my second day of work as a sensory intern in K-land. So far, I've been wearing professional clothing, running around into all sorts of meetings, getting to know new colleagues and learning how to get around in my new office. Half of me is excited and enthusiatic. I thought my current work experience (obtained from grad school) was something to be proud of. But the more I learn at work, the more I realize how little I know about the real working place.

The other half of me is intimidated and exhausted. There are so many new things to learn; I almost feel overwhelmed and inadequate. I look at all these experienced colleagues and wonder whether I could ever be like them. If my manager handed a project for me to handle independantly, I think I'll just freak out. (^__^);;;

ok ok ok....think positive. If God leads you to it, He'll lead you through it. God won't lead you to something you can't handle. Yeah, I must remember that.

I kinda miss surfing the Internet, emailing or chattings during daytime since we can't do stuff like that during working hours (duh). But man, when both my Internet and cell phone didn't work for that one day in K-land, I've never felt so lonely in my life. Perhaps I've gotten too dependant on my friends and ppl's company. Andreas is in Indonesia, most of my friends are in EL, friends in K are in a different building and department.......God, preserve me.

Hai, enough ramblings. Gotta finish off my thesis and another paper for publication. It all just seems endless. When will I get a break?



*********** ~('_'~) ~('__')~ (~'_')~ ***********


4 Comments:

At 6:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the REAL WORLD *evil grin* Haha. It's like that wan la working....can simply surf net, chat and e-mail meh...:p I also cannot tahan at first...but then later...I curi a bit la...use MSN Web Messenger (no need to download to the computer wan) if I can give myself a little break...I also logged on to my Gmail account to check and e-mail sometimes, hehe. Gotta know where to draw a line la of course...tak boleh always on MSN or do private e-mailing wan, hehe. Well, I also had quite a lot of things to catch up during my first two weeks of work. It was kind of overwhelming as well. But can survive la girl. Take your time and I am sure you will get to meet nice people there and have fun working with them. Enjoy it and take it easy! No need to get stressed out and not to demand yourself too much. Just do the best you can. "May The Force Be With You" :)

-The Pest

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Reta said...

I'm gettin veli veli veli scarry cat now.. =P

*must enjoy studies, must enjoy studies*

Good luck on your internship babe!!

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Steph said...

hehe. congrats on gettin a great job and hope tt all turns out great for ya.

dun worry, i had the exact same thought when i started - looked at my seniors and wondered if i ever gonna reach their LEVEL. i think i m still not there yet. and my junior asked me tt same question last thurs...haha, so u see...u are not alone in your own worries.

okies, have a good day at work tom!

ta

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger KY said...

does your work involves eating free kellogs healthy cereals daily? send me free samples!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger