Profile

Scientist by day, hobby manga artist by night, Mave reserves this site for rants and ramblings about Anime/Manga, Christian Music and Faith, Crime Investigation, Cooking Disasters, Food Science, JRockers, travelling experiences, random everyday life stuff and humor. XD

Words of Wisdom


Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
1 Corinthians 15:58


Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Phillippians 4:6-7


My Websites

TheProject
DeviantArt: MaveT


Bishonen/Biseinen<3

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Blog Links

* JMouse * Midori-Rish * LittleBIGgirl * Raion-sama * Cyclist * D&JinJapan * Cyber-Red * The Pest * twentyfivecents * Wing Wing * Chette * KrescentMoon * Grim-Neader * Psycho Ann * Solid Ronin * UC pseudonym * Valerie * PathMakers * Fahrenheit * Jars of Clay * A FoodBlog


Fanlistings

registered at kcome.blogspot.com

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Credits

HTML Coding by MyrrhLynn
General Art Design by Me Me Me! XD
LeeHom belongs to eh.. himself. :(

Monday, April 11, 2005


AAARRGGHHH!!! Remind me to use a separate lunchbag to carry my lunch next time. This morning, the curry stored in tupperware in my bag spilled out and ruined my manga pages! *cries* Poor poor Home Chapter 5. Oh well, no use crying over spilled curry.

Life has a lot of complications, doesn't it? I suppose that, this is of no exception to any international student, especially those in the United States. My delay in my graduation with a M.S. may or may have an implication on my F1 student status. I completed the OPT application a month before and declared that I will graduate by May 6th. And now, looking back at my thesis-writing, it doesn't look like it's going to happen soon. Wish me luck as I take a trip to the Graduate School, Registrar's Office and Office of International Students & Scholars to convince them to extend my graduation date and not to deport me from the country. ^_^;;;

It may seem as if life sucks but I guess I must accept complications like this as part of life, surrender them to God and to "Live for God, don't sweat the small stuff." With that all said, I'm taking a break from CAA. There's enough going on in my personal life, I don't want to deal with more conflicts online. The conflicts I speak of are in regards to JRock and bishies.

I'm a JRock fan but that doesn't mean I support cross-dressing. I do tolerate it if it's a joke or part of entertainment but I do not approve of it as a lifestyle. The JRock group I really like at the moment is L'Arc-en-Ciel or Laruku. Sure, they've had their own history of what some Christians would describe as evil --> dressing femininely in their early years and looking like yakuza gangsters in their most recent years. But their lyrics are pretty decent, their music is great and I like their current image (personally I think Ken has made the best improvement hehe). My point is this: JRock fans aren't necessarily Visual Kei fans.

OK what about bishonens (pretty guys)? Call me sensitive but I think there has been a significant amount of bishie-bashing by male members in CAA. I'm quite disappointed by their attitude although I may understand why they feel the way they do. I suppose they get irked by seeing anime guys who look like girls (you starting to see the pattern here?) Now, if that is the case, then I've got to say that I agree with them. Look, I like bishies like Tsuzuki Asato (Yami no Matsuei), Sano Izumi (Hana Kimi) and Himura Kenshin. Yet, I personally think characters such as Yuki/Ayame Sohma and Gundam Seed characters are too feminine for my taste. The line where I would draw is Seta Soujirou (Rurouni Kenshin): He's pretty but you know that he's a guy who can kick your butt with his Tenken move. My point is this: I like the prettiness in bishies to a certain extent. IMO, bishies of my choice don't look like girls.

I'm very much tempted to whine about being misunderstood. But I'm also too tired to explain my position and I would rather not say anything when my mood is foul. For that reason, I think it's well worth that I take a break from it all and focus on my personal matters and God, which is far more important anyway, right? ^^



*********** ~('_'~) ~('__')~ (~'_')~ ***********


1 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Blogger Steph said...

Hey, I love pretty guys! :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger